What we’re doing today:
- C-TRAN continually looks for ways to lessen its environmental impact by operating more efficiently, reducing waste and reclaiming materials where possible, among other measures.
- As of 2019, C-TRAN had 66 fuel-efficient hybrid buses in service – more than half of the entire fixed-route fleet.
- Electric vehicle charging stations are available to the public at Fisher’s Landing Transit Center.
- C-TRAN is a certified Green Business through the Clark County Green Business program.
What you can do today:
- If you're not currently a transit rider, choose to ride the bus one day per week. Use public transportation to get to work, for a shopping trip or on a family outing. Choosing transit over a car for your daily commute can save a person thousands of dollars per year, according to the American Public Transportation Association.
- Create a vanpool or carpool. C-TRAN's Vanpool Program offers commuters another option to reduce emissions by reducing the number of vehicles on the road. Call 360-906-7510 for more information. Additional resources can be found at www.getthereswwashington.org.
- Consolidate your trips. Plan ahead when you have errands to run, rather than doing them in multiple trips. If your friend or neighbor also has errands to run, ask them if they'd like to share the ride.
What we're doing tomorrow:
- C-TRAN has begun using renewable diesel as an alternative fuel source, and will soon be adding all-electric buses to the fixed-route fleet.
- C-TRAN’s adopted 50-year vision puts an emphasis on the agency’s contributions to sustainability, livability and economic vitality. Sustainability is at the core of what we do as a public transportation provider, and that will only grow more important as we move into the future.
- Read C-TRAN's Sustainability Policy, adopted by the C-TRAN Board of Directors in April 2022.
The C-TRAN Green Team is an employee-led initiative dedicated to making this a cleaner, greener agency. In recent years the group has helped implement a series of internal changes to improve C-TRAN’s green practices, as well as provide resources and tips for employees to use in their own lives.