All requests for special event service must be submitted to C-TRAN no less than 45 calendar days from the date of the event. Requests made less than 45 days prior may still be considered; however, depending on the timing of the next regularly scheduled Board meeting, the appeals process may not be available if the event is denied.
Policy Criteria—per C-TRAN Board Policy PBD-001, special events service may be provided for events or functions that occur on an irregular basis or that have a limited duration, provided that the service meets all of the following criteria:
- The event must be open to the public and the service must not be for the exclusive use of a particular group.
- C-TRAN may not charge a fare that is greater than its usual fixed-route fare.
- C-TRAN must determine the route and the schedule for the service.
- The service must not be paid for in whole or in part by a third party; and
- The request for service may not compete against already existing bus service.
If you believe your event meets all the above stated criteria, please continue.
Event Information—please provide the following: